Yesterday, August 31, 2011, Kimberly wanted to visit her teachers like they came and visited us. While they visited our house Kimberly had a tea party with them. She made them invitations but wanted to add some last minute touches to them. They had already stayed past the time they had intended to stay. Anyway, yesterday Kimberly wanted to visit her teachers so after dropping off Clarissa we parked the car and walked in hoping her teachers would be in their room, and to our luck they were. Kimberly handed them the invitation and talked about what all she was excited about with school. After getting a big hug we headed out. As we walked up the stairs I got excited knowing that the next time we walk down to the room she will be entering pre school.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Today came with lots of preparation. We have been working on our day time routine for a week now and we have it mastered to the point of being ready for school with time to spare. Kimberly was happy to finally be going to school since she's been talking about it since she turned 4 in April. She even kept asking me to take more pictures. We talked about the different things she had to look forward to and the main things she would say is learn new things, and make friends. Here are some 1st day of school pictures of our little big girl.
And yes I teared up when walking away. Today came so much faster than I had remembered with Clarissa.
Clarissa made Kimberly a first day of school card. I had no idea she had done that and it really made Kimberly's morning even better.
Kimberly loves - Music, Dancing, and Purple - all are seen in this picture.
The VERY famous Gingerbread Man. Kimberly couldn't wait to get a picture with him. She has seen both mine and Clare's and she couldn't wait for her turn.
I put this together because I thought it would be neat. Each of us with our Gingerbread man. But mine isn't on my first day of school so I don't have my bag yet.
Kimberly asked her teacher if they could have a picture together. Mrs. Cherri was more than happy to.
Kimberly's first day of Pre School
Kimberly came home and had so many stories to share. I don't think her day could have gone any better than it did.
Here is a picture of her hand made school bag. Each student gets one and no 2 are alike.
Later this afternoon we met up with Clarissa to walk with her for the 1K walk. This was so much fun and it tired us out. Early bed time is a MUST tonight with all this fun and excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment