Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Reading Buddy


A wonderful opportunity came to our local library:  It's a chance for kids to have 20 minutes reading with a therapy dog named Zazz.  Zazz's owners are good friends of mine who I work with on the Relay for Life committee. Clarissa is reading like a pro first grader these days and I felt that it would be a great way for her to read and have a good listener, other than mommy and daddy. Clarissa picked out a few books and was even able to bring a book from school to read to Zazz. After getting to the librar Clarissa plopped down and started reading with her new friend. She enjoyed not only reading to Zazz but showing her the pictures. I peeked in to get a few pictures and then left so that Clarissa could stay concentrated on what she was reading.  She is on the schedule to read with Zazz on Wednesdays from now until December!

No comments:

Post a Comment