Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saturday and Sunday

I wanted to get on and blog yesterday but it didn't happen so I will blog today about it. Yesterday was Iowa's first football game so like usual Quentin and his friend went up to tailgate and then watch the game. I love football Saturdays because I get special time with my daughters. We started to go threw winter clothes to see what would and wouldn't fit them for the Fall and Winter seasons. It was a beautiful day so we decided to go swimming and we had a blast. I have even lost a few more lbs so it made me feel a bit more comfortable at the pool. We swam for a good hour and a half and then headed over to my mom's house to visit her since she broke her arm and she was feeling a little better to have the girls come visit. I dropped the girls off and I went to the store to get a few things. Both have been wanting to bring Barbie dolls to the pool but I didn't want them to get ruined so I always told them no. Well today I found two of my old dolls and said we could bring them. I got to the store and wanted to check out some Barbie's they had that I wouldn't mind the girls taking swimming and even in the bath with them. I found these beach Barbie dolls that were pretty cheap but I wasn't sure about it. I then came across two similar but different Mermaid Barbie Dolls. I thought to myself that they were perfect they both even somewhat looked like the girls. One had dark hair and greenish eyes and was pink and purple CLEARLY this one made me think of Clarissa. The second one had light hair and brown eyes with her colors being blue and purple. Now Kimberly has blue eyes but still it was PERFECT for her. I gave them to the girls and they freaked out with excitement. They couldn't wait to take them for a swim. I loved their sweet faces when they saw them I seriously wish I had my camera but I have the memory and thats just as perfect.

Today we had church and the girls did great they truly enjoy church and love seeing their friends, sing, and pray. They both were very eager to ask questions as well and I was more than happy to answer them to the best of my ability. When we got home from church the girls "tried" to nap but they were restless so I took them for a walk while Quentin mowed the lawn. I can't tell you enough how much I love my sweet daughters and wonderful husband. I'm excited to have a 3 day weekend with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment