Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just The Girls!

Like most Saturday's during football season Quentin was at the game in Iowa City and so it was just me and my favorite girls. I asked them what they wanted to do and since I've been bowling every Tuesday they wanted to go bowling too. I figured it would be a good time and I would get some practice in. We decided to eat and bowl all in 1 trip. The girls did really good and had a little help in the beginning but by the 5th frame they wanted to do it without my help. Kimberly did sit out for a few turns because she wanted to eat and not play so I bowled for her. Clarissa got a SPARE! I was very proud of her and told her that spares are not easy to get and even I have a hard time getting spares. That made her feel good. Kimberly was precious this was her first time bowling and she would just stand there after throwing her ball and wiggle the way she wanted the ball to go like it would help. I was doing pretty good myself and enjoyed watching the girls play.
Both girls where so excited to get started bowling.

I was first up to bowl then Kimberly then Clarissa!
Our final score but Kimberly didn't bowl for a few frames so she could eat but she did do petty good! Clarissa needed to hold her ball differently and then I think she would have done better. I'm still very proud of both girls and am happy that they had such a good time. I can't wait to take them back again!

After bowling we all got really hot and even though it was pretty cool outside the girls insisted that we go swimming. We LOVE swimming and the girls are little water monkeys. So we got home and quickly got ready for swimming. We got to he pool and like always the girls where all over the place. Kimberly is a natural swimmer and I think it helps that she was introduced to the water at a very early age of 3 weeks old. Clarissa started going swimming at 9 months. Kimberly swam with out a floaty across the long way of the pool and back. I so badly wish I would have brought my camera into the pool area but it is against the rules so i figured leaving it in the locker room would be better then breaking the rules. Clarissa has been swimming since she was 4 so having Kimberly be such an advanced swimmer makes me think that swim team might be calling her name! We got done swimming and got into the van and our favorite song was on the radio and even though we live 4 mins away from the pool we went a longer way to get home. And who would have thought both girls where fast asleep. I carried them inside the house and they are right now resting after having (what they are calling) the best day with the best mom in the world. I have to say its easy being the best mom when you have the best kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment