Quentin and I had the girls stay the night at my in laws and we went out to dinner to TGI Friday's for dinner. I could hardly eat I kept thinking about the show and how good our seats where. Quentin then revealed that Buddy enters the back and that since I had an aisle seat I would be able to touch him! I couldn't believe it Buddy has a great show and its not just about cakes its about family. He has taught me so much and I truly look up to him. Quentin kept telling me at dinner that I WOULD be on stage. I laughed it off because I knew that I would freeze if I did get to be on stage with him.
We got to our seats and I couldn't believe how close we where to the stage and we also found out the pictures could be taken just no flash photography. I must say I acted like a child when he came out of the as he walked bye I was able to give him a high five and that was awesome. I was SET for life just having that happen.
He then got started and asked if their where any ladies who was into baking or decorating. I clapped and cheered because I have been decorating Clarissa and Kimberly's birthday cakes for years and I also decorated my wedding cake. So when he said that he wanted us to make some noise I did and then Quentin said STAND UP! I was wearing a shirt that sparkled gold and when I stood up Buddy pointed right at me. I was on cloud nine and had no idea what to say or do. He gave me a hug and asked me my name. I stood there and said in front of 1,200 people I can't stop shaking lol. I then said I was Molly from Perry and he asked about my cake decorating experience after telling him he said I can't show him up. I laughed and said I wouldn't.
I started decorating my cupcake and boy was I shaking. It didn't help that Buddy was making jokes and talking to me while I was working. I was also using a turnstile and I had never used one of those before. Oh and the frosting bags where HUGE. I got to keep my cupcake and I got another hug before getting back to my seat. Quentin also got Buddy's attention because after Buddy dropped on of the unfrosted cup cakes he said, 5 second rule. and Buddy laughed and threw him the cup cake. This night couldn't get better BUT IT DID! We stood in line for an hour to get his autograph and a picture. Sadly we only had Quentin's phone to take pictures and it died right before we where going to get our stuff autographed BUT a kind girl said that we could use her camera and if I gave her my e-mail she would send me the picture so I don't have it now but I will soon! But something I will never forget where Buddy's last words for me. "I hope this book inspires you" I gave him a final hug and we where on our way home. THANK YOU QUENTIN for the awesome birthday gift!

I could hardly believe I was on stage

Getting advice from the Cake Boss
"I hope this book inspires you"
No comments:
Post a Comment