Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Morning 2010


The girls woke up at 7:30 am and where so surprised to see a big tent for Kimberly and a double stroller for Clarissa. Clarissa has been wanting a double stroller for so long now but we have had a hard time finding one that would be tall enough for her. Well good thing Santa's workshop can make custom toys because the stroller and Clarissa was beside herself. Kimberly loves her tent and climbed in it wanting to open all her gifts in it but we told her that we wanted to see her open her presents. The girls DUMPED out their stockings and since Santa delivered the items they knew they where all from him because nothing was wrapped. Santa doesn't wrap his gifts they discovered that while we watched the original (released in the 50's) Santa movie. I thought it was neat that Clarissa pointed out that the wise men didn't wrap their gifts for baby Jesus either. Quentin and I have been (from the beginning) have shared the true meaning of Christmas with the girls and the way they always find ways to incorporate Jesus in the excitement of presents. Clarissa made mention on her own that she hope that Jesus's birthday cake is delicious. Kimberly then added Happy birthday Jesus. Both girls then started talking about his birthday party. I think that was one of the greatest gift of the day.


Both girls loved the new movies that were in their stockings. The stockings also had LOTS of other things like Silly bands, special marker's and coloring pads, a santa activity book, hot crazy straws, and candy. After they went threw the stockings Quentin read the story of Jesus's birth from the bible.

I have yet to get pictures of the girls with all of their gifts but I hope to do so tomorrow. but here are some pictures!



My mom got this book for Kimberly and as I looked threw it
I could see how similar Nancy and Kimmy are!

Clarissa's Thank you- Thank you EVERYONE for all my gifts. I love my barbie car and Cinderella barbie SO MUCH but I'm so happy that I got my double stroller.

Kimberly's thank you- Awwwww My tinker bell was really from Tinkerbell and Princess Ariel gave me a Ariel BARBIE! WOW thank you so much. Thanks everybody, Happy birthday Jesus. I love it and I love you.

So I sit here as the girls are giggling and I look around at all the NEW toys around the room I think of Mary and how she must have felt the say she held the Christ Child for the first time. Knowing that the savior was here and she was his mother. The gifts that where laid before them and the surroundings being not NEARLY what a kind deserved but still a story that is told time after time and its truly the greatest story ever told. Happy Birthday Jesus, and Merry Christmas.

OH and I wanted to make note that we had a white Christmas this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment