I really didn't want much either. I have been working hard on giving the girls a "big girl" room. They are growing and changing so fast. They have very different personalities but also are similar in so many ways. The Bunk bed was a big part in this transformation possible. At my in laws on Christmas eve they had a few gifts for me. I was surprised because I felt that the bunk beds was gift enough but Laura (my mother in law) heard me mention a few things that I had been wanting to complete the girls upgrade in furniture. I say furniture because we would like to do a little painting and changing of things but that will all happen in time. I opened my first gift and it was these great storage containers much like the ones I had expressed about having for the girl's room, I got 2 shirts from my FAVORITE store and then the long, HEAVY gift was left. I couldn't wait to see what it was but was nervous because I wasn't sure how I would store something so heavy. Well the joke was on me because Chuck and Laura got me the storage unit I was picturing in the girl's room. I could have cried right there in that moment. I've been dreaming of the girl's big girl room for a few years now and in one AMAZING Christmas the mental image I've had for so long became a reality. And I'm going to fast forward a little bit and share that when we got home I waisted NO time after putting the girls to bed in putting it together. I asked Quentin if he was going to help me and he said NOPE I know you can do this. SO I did, I'm very familiar with tools and building since I did grow up in a house that was always changing. I got it put together and Quentin took pictures. I did hurt myself 3 times but didn't quit. I scratched my hand twice, but only bled once. and then when using the hammer I... yes I came down right on my pointer finger. Quentin said ok you give up now, and I glared at him and said NO I'm almost done now. I finished the hammering on that section and told Quentin if he wanted to finish he could. He was much quicker at hammering than I was and it was up in no time. I then told Quentin that I wanted to put it in the girl's room for when they woke up. He picked it up and put it in their room with out waking them. I put a few of the things I thought would look nice on it but remembered a few more things later today. I must say it was such a wonderful moment to see the big girl room coming into place.
I think it looks great and I'm going to get 2 more container's for the girl's toys and then we will be adding new toys to some of the empty cubbies. But this is how it looked when the girls woke up. but now lets get back to opening gifts at Quentin's parents house.
The girls got lots of great things and I took so many pictures but I figured I would post a few on here to share...
Clarissa has been talking about a baby that cries for awhile now and has expressed that none of her babies cry. She has also gotten quite attached to a leopard print snuggie I got as a white elephant gift at our church YA Christmas party. And she had become quite fond of princesses and Cinderella is her favorite. She was SO happy when she opened her gifts to reveal that her wishes had come true. She loves her baby doll and has named her Faith. I thought that name was perfect for a baby that was given to her on Christmas Eve!
Clarissa's thank you- Thank you Ma and Papa for all the awesome gifts. My favorite gift from you was my baby doll that cries and my snuggie is comfy cozey. Oh and thank you to my cousins thank you for the strawberry short cake remote control car. I have been getting allot of use out of it. I I love you so much and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Kimberly really got to go first in the opening of gifts order because the 3 kids (my nephew was there too) she is the youngest and Laura said we are doing youngest to oldest. So my blog is in the wrong order but anyway. Kimberly is a big fan of Tinkerbell, Ariel, and is all about being comfortable. A neat story that Laura didn't know about till AFTER the fact...
Kimberly has so many pretend friends its hard to keep them all in check but they tend to be character's from movie's she's watched or even people that mean allot to her. She has a pretend Jesus and God who visits us on a regular basis and I always tell her that they are more than welcome here but they have to follow the rules too. She thinks that's funny but ok that was a little off topic. So Kimberly has all these pretend friends and lately she's been talking about her pretend baby Ariel. Pretend baby Ariel goes EVERYWHERE with us. And I we where thinking about getting one at some point in time but it was a little late to get her one for Christmas since we were all done shopping and she had already asked santa for a new watch since her other one broke. Well Kimberly was opening gifts and to her surprise she would no longer need a pretend baby Ariel. Yes Laura with out knowing got Kimberly the doll she had been pretending to have for about a month now. Kimberly was so excited she was shaking and screaming. She the held her little Ariel baby and Said " I love you baby Ariel," and gave her a kiss. It was such a sweet moment and I was so happy for her in that moment.
Kimberly's thank you- Thank you ma, papa, Remi, and everyone for my presents. My Ariel baby is a good girl, I love her so much and (in my robotic way of laughing and talking) I got my watch from SANTA! Madden and Landon got me the slippers and they are my favorite. Thank you everybody.
Ma with the 3 grand children and baby Ariel. Madden
(Brenna's baby) will be arriving soon.
When we got home I got to work on the storage unit and the girls where fast asleep. Nothing woke them up until 7:30am on Christmas Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment