Kimberly is always talking about how much she love's her big sister. Quentin took her aside and asked what do you want to get Clarissa for Christmas? Kimberly thought and thought and said a few things that she's remembered her sister talking about BUT Quentin and I already bought a few of those items so we needed to think of something else. One day Kimberly was looking threw a magazine and saw what she called "The perfect gift for Clare" Quentin looked at her tiny finger pointing to a picture of a pink telescope. Clarissa has been wanting a telescope for awhile now and Quentin told Kimberly that it was perfect. He then picked it up at the store and brought it home for Kimberly to give her sister. Quentin assisted Kimberly's gift wrapping BUT Kimberly did the taping.
The girls made Quentin ornaments and wanted him to open them before Christmas. Quentin loved the hand made crafts and was excited to put them on the tree. The girls then went over to the tree and asked if they could open a gift. I looked at Quentin and we agreed that they could each open one gift and what would be better than to open the gift they got one another. They both were excited about their own gift but also excited about seeing how much their sister liked her gift. They ripped into the paper and nothing but happiness filled the room. "Clarissa I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much!" Kimberly said hugging her music box. Clarissa finished opening her's and was so happy "Just what I always wanted sis, how did you know?" I was deeply touched at the moment of when they got to see the gift they so carefully picked out being enjoyed. It was a great moment and one I will hold in my heart forever.
~Giving is Better Than Receiving~
No comments:
Post a Comment