Quentin writes up the grocery list every Sunday and goes and get's the weeks grocery's once the girls are sleeping and then I help put things away once he gets home. He is always asking us girls what we would like for dinner and the answers change each week. Well this last Sunday (12/5/10) Clarissa decided to request something that we have never had before. Quentin even had to look up the recipe on his phone to see what all the dish will need to make it. Clarissa requested Chop Suey for dinner. She wanted water melon with it but since they are not in season we decided to have something else for fruit. Quentin planned for Chop Suey to be the meal on Friday night and Clarissa was talking about it non stop. She couldn't wait to have/try it. Now I bet your wondering how a 5 year old girl who's never had Chop Suey would think to request it. The answer is "The Lady and The Tramp". Its mentioned in that movie and the girls have seen it a few times lately since we aren't big on watching TV we watch more movies. So last night Clarissa was telling everyone at school about it being Chop Suey night, and when Quentin got home both Clare and Kimmy shouted "It's chop suey night for dinner!" I smiled at him and we where both thinking, I hope this turns out.
Here is the Chop Suey with out the Chow Mein Noodles
When I first saw it I wasn't sure what to think and then I was told by the girls to try it because I might like it. This is what Quentin and I tell the girls when they judge a meal before ever trying it. So after our prayer we served the Chop Suey.
Clarissa was so excited about this meal!
Clarissa taking the first bite of Chop Suey.
And she loved it!!! Actually we all enjoyed the meal and we all see it on the menu in the future. Great job picking dinner Clarissa!
I think its great that even after 20+ years of life I still get to experience a first with my family. I also have to say that Quentin could have easily told Clarissa no and to pick something else, but he looked up the recipe, put it on the menu, and made it. I think he gets AWESOME dad points for this one!
Kimberly didn't want her picture taken at dinner, but after dinner a precious moment occurred and I had to take a picture...
Clarissa reading her library book to Kimberly.
I was getting the girl's stuff ready to stay th night at Mama Mary and Papa Ray's house and heard Clarissa talking. I then went into the living room to find her not talking but reading to Kimberly. I love how close the girls are!
No comments:
Post a Comment