Clare and mom ready to leave for Kindergarten
On August 24, 2010 Quentin and I took the day off to take Clarissa to her first day of Kindergarten and pick her up. We also had a busy day planned and Kimberly was eager to help mom and dad clean the basement! Clarissa woke up and came running into our room to tell us that it was her first day of Kindergarten and that she couldn't wait to be in all day school. I got up and gave her a big hug and told her how proud I was of her. I usually make pancakes and sausage but this year dad did. So I waited with the girls and we enjoyed talking with each other while breakfast was being made. I had laid out Clarissa's cloths and had her lunch ready to go. I have 5 important things every morning that need to be done and she knows every one of them needs done before we can do anything extra before school. Eat breakfast, brush teeth, put pajamas away, get dressed, and get hair done. We usually check the school schedule the night before to know when the out of uniform days are and she gets to choose if she wants to wear her uniform or not.
Clarissa was all ready and I had time to take pictures. I must say that I held back all tears and smiled so that Clarissa knew that I was happy and not sad but thinking about the day she was born and how close we were to loosing her I couldn't help but think of what a true blessing she is. Evey time she does something I just think we almost didn't have it but God gave us a miracle that day and its one I will never forget. I love her more than words! We got done taking pictures and it was time for school we got there and took a few more pictures and before entering we said a group prayer. Clarissa love to pray so this was important to all of us and we felt that it was very appropriate for the occasion. Clarissa headed inside and I followed her into the school to get a picture of her at her desk. I gave her a hug and told her that I loved her and to have a great day. I left the room and as I shut the classroom door a tear fell from my eye. I made sure she didn't see me and I quickly left and when I got out side I looked at the school and said God please watch over our little girl.
During the day I would look at the clock and try to figure out the different things she would be doing and I also was busy with cleaning. Kimberly LOVED having the toys and so much space to herself that she even asked me "Mommy when will Clarissa be home from Kindergarten?" I told her that Clarissa was getting out of school early today so we would lave a 2:00pm to get her. Kimberly smiled and was content with my answer. When 2:00 came I picked Clarissa up form school and she couldn't stop talking. WOW I thought I was the talker of the family :)
So Friday will be the mark of Clarissa's 1 month of being in school and she's just as happy to go to school as she was on the first day. When I drop her off she gives me a big hug and kiss and walks with a little hop in her step up to the corner of the sidewalk and waits for me to drive by. She waves her hand and give's me the I love you sign with her hand and then runs up to the school. I love that and I look forward to it every morning.
ENJOY THESE PICTURES!!!
A very excited Clarissa
Dressed and hair done
This sign was made back when I was in school and its been kept safe all these years!
Praying
Clarissa at her desk
Kimberly wanted me to take a picture
of her waiting for Clarissa when we came
to pick her up!
No comments:
Post a Comment